How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70794
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have quite a substantial set of questions relating to

Customer Question

I have quite a substantial set of questions relating to employment law and councillors breach of code of conduct by bullying.
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I made a grievance to the council involved - it was ignored. I then turned to the Ombudsman for Wales, who state that publicly abusing an employee and withholding wages are no in their domain.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am now unemployed. Generally suffering from acute anxiety since the events took place in 2018. I was a member of a union who proved very ineffective.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There are(###) ###-####things I could talk about!!! I'd rather a telephone conversation to be honest.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

Hi there. Please explain your situation in as much detail as possible. I am not available for a phone call at present but will advise in writing on here.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

I note you have posted a response on a new thread. Please continue on here. I am sorry to hear of the difficulty you have had with your employer. What is your specific query in relation to this and how long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Employed as a council clerk.
A new councillor arrived and for 6 months he and his political colleagues bullied to the extend a single councillor goaded me and laughed in my face when he alone with held my wages. I was sacked two days later. This was 2018. I spiralled downward with ill health. I've recently gone to the Ombudsman who has basically fobbed me off.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I could email you all the details and evidence I provided the Ombudsman.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I'll end the messaging. It seems you have gone.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

Hi there. Sorry I have only just been able to see your response now. Yes if you could please email the information and please also tell me how long you worked there for

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I was wondering if you have had a chance to consider my query above please? I will need your response before I provide an accurate answer to your situation. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

Without the requested information, I can only provide you with the following general response, which will hopefully still answer your query. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in your situation.

In terms of your legal options, you are now unfortunately too late to make a claim for unfair dismissal against the as that claim has a 3-month time limit and this was 2 years ago.

The withheld wages would have also been subject to that time limit, although there is an alternative where you can make a claim in the County Court under a breach of contract claim, which has a 6-year time limit.

The repercussions of this, such as the effect it had on your health, will be a personal injury matter and you have to show that your employer had breached your duty of care and in the process you suffered injuries, which can also include mental trauma.

As this can be a complex matter, the merits of which depend on he specific of the case, it is best if you approached a personal injury solicitor directly to discuss your claim and they can conduct a more detailed case analysis to determine if you have a case.

See here for some options:

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 days ago.

I hope that your query has been answered to your satisfaction. I just wanted to take this opportunity to remind you that if you needed any further clarification with this query, you should not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to help. For now, thank you for using our services.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ben. How can I sent you the files?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 days ago.

Please attach on here using the Attach file option. Also please be reminded as we are just a basic chat service, looking at files will be charged extra as it will take a considerable amount of time and won’t be covered under the chat service we offer.