plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

My ex partner using my business PayPal account, Southampton

Customer Question

My ex partner using my business PayPal account
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Southampton uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: this isn't the first time she has stolen from me
Expert:  plclegal replied 7 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today and I’m sorry that you are going through this.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I understand
Expert:  plclegal replied 7 days ago.

Have you reported the theft to the police?

That would be your first step.

If she has taken/ used sums of money that are not legally hers, you could also seek to recover these funds through the small claims court. You would need to write to her in the first instance and offer the opportunity to remedy the situation and replace the funds.

I would also suggest that you change all passwords to the account (and any associated email address) so she cannot access the account in the future.

Can I clarify anything in particular about this?

Expert:  plclegal replied 6 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter