Mina Counsel
Mina Counsel, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister
109424057

I just received a letter from the county court business

I just received a letter from the county court business center, and I would like and advise
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London E14 3AJ
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just paid part of the claim few minutes ago
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: they are calling me , pushing for more so I just need a advice
Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I am a London based practising barrister with over 15 years experience. I am happy to assist you today. I may need to ask you some questions in order to determine your legal position and I will provide you with an email advice on the same day. Thank you.

There will be an automatic generated phone call offer should you wish to speak to me directly for a fixed fee with no time limit.

(Please note this is NOT always an instant chat service therefore I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you the same day. / within 24 hours if it's outside office hours.)

Can you tell me more about the claim?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It’s a claim from my landlord I’ve been late with the rent as I was sick and bc of corona right now I’m without job... so the full amount he is asking for it’s 5000 pounds, I just paid 2000 few minutes ago , calling his representative and and now they are calling me again telling if I can pay everything and move out from the property by 24th of October.... the thing is that I want to solve it and I said I can pay the rest next month and the only think I want is ... to avoid affecting my guarantor record, as he doesn’t need to come in the picture... because I’m paying already
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
they are kind of pressing me because they know I’m just worried to not involve my guarantor and they told me that if I don’t do that he may need go to court too....

I am sorry to hear what you are going though.

They cant ask you to move out without serving you a proper notice.

What letter did you receive from the Court? Have you defended the claim?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don’t know how the prosecutor is working so I just need to know what I should do, as I can’t just pay full amount and move in that shot period
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No I just called the claimant

Are you able to upload the letter from court so i could take a look for you?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
paid 2000£ as I want to solve it and stop it from going higher
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
There are 2 more pages... if you need ....
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I try to login online to the money claim but there is something wrong so I’m calling the court now

Thank you. You need to dispute part of the claim as you have already settled £2000, you then fill in the form in the response pack where it allows to make a proposal of payment by instalments. That would buy you some time to settle the entire balance.

Your case would not go to trial if you make admission.

I hope this helps?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I done it right now... don’t know if I did it right... have no idea how to fill up those kind of forms ... and I send it by email to the court ....
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hope will be fine
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
will not affect my guarantor

As advised, if you now agreed to pay back the money the guarantor will not be affected.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have one last question
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
As I have a deposit of 3000£ which I gave when I rent the place .... can I just tell them to take it.... ?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Or is not working like that?
Legally speaking you cannot use your deposit as rent payment, unless you have your landlord’s consent.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi again, can I ask you for advice again, as I’m getting calls from the solicitor of the opposite side and I’m not sure if I should answer... the thing is that after the last time we’ve spoke , I did everything- like sending the email to the court with the attachment of my payment, I received letter from that solicitor telling me how should proceed with the next payments.... but is THEM decision, kind of pushing me .... so I send letter back saying that this “agreement “ is something that I may be not able to complete as the period of time it’s too short .... do I need to wait for answer from the court or ... just I need a real solicitor?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
That’s the letter they’ve sent , and well my answer... it’s not so polite I suppose but I just don’t know what to do
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Just few minutes ago i received this one

Hello again, please bear with me I will take a look now.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
thank you I don’t know what that means and what to do , I’m just worried and I can tell I don’t have idea off what is going on ...

Did you make any verbal offer when you spoke to them on the phone?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
They ask me if I can pay the next day 500 more I said I will try
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Then after 30 min they call me again telling me that I have to pay the rest at 24 October

What did you say to that?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I said I can’t so they ask when I will be able , so I just said I’m gonna know it after 5th of November
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
they send this letter

Also, they cannot make you leave. The current law says they have to give you 6 months notice to vacate the property. Did you receive any notice?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Is not that I agree I just tried to say I’m gonna do my best to do it faster, doesn’t mean I can exactly on 5th .... they put it like agreement
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I had a letter before the court to start from the agency which says that I should leave after 12 of november

Can I see the letter?

I think they are evicting you illegally. Do you want to leave?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Plus 25 Oct is when I enter in the property last year.... why I should leave at 24th?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I will leave anyway just I can’t that fast

You need to write back and tell them how much you can afford each month.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I will pay them next month I’m thinking also to borrow and give them all what I have to .... but they are just stressing me too much so I don’t know what to do
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I told them I will be able next month to give again the rest but after I paid they start to call and say that the landlord said I should pay this and this day and leave ... so they changed after I paid the 2000£
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I’m trying to find the letter from the agency.....

Tell them you are not leaving without an eviction notice.

Tell them you can only afford £XXX a month.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok yes I have this one
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
x
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
X

Thank you. When was this sent to you?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
But tell them or the court? I’m confused now , and how I try to defend part of the claim if I write to the court I’m admitting the claim

When did you receive form 6A?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok so if the rest is 3000 , who decide how much should be per month or I need to give in one go or .... don’t know , I can give 3000 but I prefer 2000 and then 1000 .... don’t know how to do it just they are making me super stress everyday calls emails and I understand is them job but .... ufff
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
13-08-2020
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The second page down on point 2. It’s saying I should leave after 12 of November

You need to write to them and tell them how much you can pay. Also tell them no point getting judgement because you can't afford to pay all the money in one go anyway.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok I will send them email now, but they are still pushing to leave at 24th .... and continue to pay after .... so if I’m not leaving, thing that I can’t get it done that fast.... should I be worried? Because I’m looking for another place but is not that fast getting it

They can't physically kick you out without a court order.

You need to get to see if their notice is valid.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I need a physical solicitor?

Not necessary. I can take a look for you but there will be a fee.

.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
That’s ok , how much and where I should pay?

I have sent you a proposal. Please let me know if it is agreeable. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi again ,I don’t see any proposal ..... not sure how exactly is working the app
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Sorry for the late answer.... being busy all day
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
After my email I’m getting more torture answers.... if you don’t mind I will show you the last letter..... my only question is - is that right ?that they will put me to court and in the same time my guarantor?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Which is acceptable for our client???? If nothing is acceptable for him .... I just need to know if they go ahead with me , till I’m paying no one can’t touch my guarantor right?

They cannot kick you out without a proper notice, but I can't advise until i see all the docuements.