How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11689
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

Do you have a simple Tenancy Agreement that my daughter can

Customer Question

Do you have a simple Tenancy Agreement that my daughter can use. She is renting a room in her house to help cover the cost of her mortgage?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Watford WD25
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 15 days ago.

Hi, this is Jim, thank you for the question - I will resolve this for you.

Sorry to hear of the issue. If she is also living there then she needs a lodger's agreement. A tenant has exclusive use of the property but if a room is being rented only and your Daughter still lives there (shares the living space, etc) then a lodger's agreement is the way forwards. There is a template available to tailor and download here:

I hope this helps and answers the question - please feel free to ask me anything else.

Have a good day,

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you very much and I will review the document as you advise.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 15 days ago.

No problem, let me know if you have any more questions or if you want me to check over the agreement once finished.
Have a good day,