12826847

I Am looking for some assistance to appeal a school

Customer Question

Good Afternoon, i Am looking for some assistance to appeal a school rejection. And I am just devastated
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We are in London but we will move in Bedfordshire, Wixams.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Submitted application to the local school which w just across the road from our house and they rejected saying school is full and they offered a place in Bedford which is 2.9 miles away from the house
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The school is awful, it’s been closed for flood years back and the ofsted reports are “require improvements “
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 3 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 days ago.

Sorry for the delay.

Are you asking how to appeal?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 days ago.

Without the information I asked for I can only give you a general answer but I hope this helps.

I am not sure what you are asking.

If you are asking how to appeal then that is simple enough

You will find the procedure here

http://www.schoolappeals.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwz6_8BRBkEiwA3p02VfPi1WfOHF-udaAPaNMtRorZiOax7QmoubuQucXsx2_yXSSRFSgkGRoCPN0QAvD_BwE

if you are asking whether you have grounds then it is always worth an appeal. It costs very little and it may succeed.

The thing to bear in mind though is that nobody has a right to the school of their choice. Ultimately the educational authority does not have to give your child the best. It just has to provide an adequate option.

Sadly if parents want to give their children the best then they either have to move into new catchment areas or pay I'm afraid.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 day ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”