Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Visa enquiry, what do you mean? Your question, No-one, Nope,

Customer Question

visa enquiry
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: what do you mean?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Your question
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: No-one
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope, I will explain to him/her
Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

Hi there,

What is your specific question, please?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello, my girlfriend is from Belarus and she has come in London to visit me with a tourist Visa. Now, We are looking for options to extend her VISA, and considering that I live and I work here and I have a pre-settled status as far as I understood she can apply for a partner visa.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My question is, considering that there are few options like, applying as a fiance or like partner proving that We have been living together from two years
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
is that difficult to prove that We have lived together 2 years? considering that We have not lived here in uk for this amount of time
Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

Yes , you can sponsor the visa of your gf as unmarried partner , if you have been in relationship and have been living together for at least 2 years.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

For eligible as unmarried partner, you both have to live together for 2 years , only after that she can qualify

Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

You will need to have evidence that you intend to live together in the UK, that you are co-habiting and that you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
but as far as I understood, there is even the fiance visa, which does not require that We lived together fo
r two years
Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

In order to show cohabitation, the Home Office guidance suggests that the applicant provides six pieces of correspondence addressed to each of the parties jointly. If you do not have correspondence addressed to you and your unmarried partner jointly, you should provide correspondence addressed to you individually but to the same address. This evidence should cover two years.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

Fiancé visa is granted for 6 months , coming over to the UK ,for marrying

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can We apply to fiance Visa if she is already here?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
for marrying or for a civil partnership
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can you please tell me which are the steps to follow to get in a civil partnership here n London?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

She would have to apply for fiancé visa , before marrying you both would have to give notice of intended marriage in the designated registrar office.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

Click below for the list of designated registrar offices-

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/224796/DROs_GOV_UK..pdf

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
there is not particular procedure to enter in a civil partnership here in London? We just need to notify the registrar office in London and then enter in a civil partnership?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Am I right?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

Yes, You and your partner will each need to give notice of your intention to register a civil partnership to the local register office where you live. You must do this in person. You will need to do this even if you are going to register your civil partnership somewhere else. You must have lived in an area for at least seven days before you can give notice there.

When you give notice, you will be asked to give details of the date and place where the civil partnership is to be registered, so you should contact the venue where you are going to register first.

You will also have to give the register office certain personal details. These are your name, your address, your age, your nationality and whether you have been in a civil partnership or married before

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That's perfect - one last question - Can you confirm me that, considering that she is from belarus an the she is on tourist visa, We can't get in a civil partnership now and that, to do so, We need to get a fiance Visa first? Thanks
Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

Exactly.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

My pleasure, thanks again.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have another question for you
Expert:  Vineet S replied 10 days ago.

Hi there,

If you have any other questions -kindly open up a new post/question and FAO: Vineet S and I will be happy to help.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Continuing my conversation of yesterday, my girlfriend is here on a tourist visa, can she apply to the fiancé visa whilst she in here, without leaving the country?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I’m asking because on gov.Uk is written that people with a tourist visa or with a visa of a less than 6 months need to leave the country to apply
Expert:  Vineet S replied 10 days ago.

No , she can not switch her tourist visa within the UK.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
A friend of mine, made an application for her wife, that was on tourist Visa, to join the Eu settlement scheme, and she was accepted even if she was required to leave the country as well
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Now, can be that due to covid there are special circumstances that allow people to apply directly without leaving
Expert:  Vineet S replied 10 days ago.

Previously, due to COVID 19, Home office was allowing applicant to apply within the UK , as borders were closed , and there were no flights.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
in her situation, there is a civil war in Belarus, she did not return because is not safe to do so
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Considering this particular situation
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Which is your suggestion?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 10 days ago.

If she is not safe in her country , then the option is applying for Asylum in the UK, if there is danger to her life in her home country.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 9 days ago.

Hi there,

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Last time you told me that it is not possible to enter in a civil relationship here in Uk whilst on a tourist visa. Is it the same if we request a spouse visa? Would it be possible to get married while in tourist Visa?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 9 days ago.

Hi there,

If she need to apply for a marriage visitor , not a tourist , if she is intending to get married on her visit to the UK.

If you have any new question, kindly open up a new post/question and FAO: Vineet S .

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I understand. So based on all discussion, which is your suggestion? Do you think that the best idea is to apply for the asylum?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 6 days ago.

Hi there,

She has options to choose from, one of them is being an asylum seeker in the UK.

If she can prove that her life is in danger in her home country , then she can make a successful application for asylum here.

Many thanks and all the best.