Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

How can i get my money back for a holiday that company

Customer Question

how can i get my money back for a holiday that company cancelled please
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: gwent south wales
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: holiday had to be cancelled because of virus they cancel not me .was asked if we wanted to book another holiday .which was going to be rebooked .but that was also cancelled and didnt let us know if i hadnt phoned them we would nt have know when iphone i was asked did i want a refund and i said yes pleas but now they are saying they not sending refunds
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we booked the holiday for 23 march which had to be cancelled because of virus and was being rebooked for 12 october 2020 which we paid for £718 .00 by cheque on 31ST of january 2020 which is what we want back i have phoned a few times and wrote a letter but no reply to letter
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 10 days ago.

Welcome to Ja.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays but rest assured that I will respond within 24 hours.

Please can you confirm why the holiday refused to provide the refund and also can you confirm whether you paid for the holiday via debit or credit card?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
they are saying they are not giving refunds and are keeping money for us to book another which we dont want to do the one reason was they where trying to sort other things due to taylor made going into administration
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
no i dont want tolive call

I suggest you consider you demand a refund on the basis that they cannot fulfil a service you paid for at no fault of yours. Further you cannot be certain they will still in business in the next 6 months or you will be in a position to book another holiday.

An alternative way to get your money back is If you booked by credit or debit card - you can contact the card provider and ask for a refund under S.75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974(credit cared) or chargeback(debit card) - as the bank can assist with regards ***** ***** position. However time limits are applicable for these schemes which may vary depending on your bank provider. Therefore it is best to contact your card provider to confirm this position.

Another way is court action for breach of contract. That said before you consider this route please return to Ja and we can assist you with the process.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

Thanks and stay safe