How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3282
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

If a child maintenance liability order is granted by the

Customer Question

If a child maintenance liability order is granted by the court and then it is registered by the cms with a different address does it still stand?
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: N/a
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: Doncaster
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Good afternoon to you, I'm Lea and I am going to assist you today.

Was the liability order granted by the court in the correct names of the parties?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is: 0808(###) ###-####/li>
  4. This is a Question & Answer site.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi yes the name was correct
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

In that case it will stand as the correct order has been made, it has just been registered with the wrong address which is easily remedied.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Would the mistaken address give the child maintenance services the legal right to set aside the order if they chose to do so?
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Can you explain exactly what happened - did the court have the wrong address, or did the CMS give the wrong address?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The court and cms both had the correct address but when the cms decided to register the lo to the credit reference agencies they have done so with the incorrect address
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

That is just an error on their part - that is not a court issue, so is not a reason to attempt to set aside the order.

The CMS can very easily correct their error and have the reference agencies update accordingly.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What valid reasons can be given to set aside a child maintenance liability order?
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

You can challenge the order if it is wrong, if you believe the amount you owe is wrong.

All the best.

Thanks for using Just Answer.