Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

A company caused an accident to my car in February the boss

Customer Question

A company caused an accident to my car in February the boss told me to get it fixed now he's refusing to pay the full amount it about £500
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am a pensioner and not in any union
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

What is the reason for the refusal to pay the full amount?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The accident happened in February and the boss told me to get it sorted and he will Pay for the damage his workman caused now after all this time he's said today to the garage he's not paying

I suggest you write a letter before action to the company and the boss.

The letter should state why the company owes you the amount in question which will be the costs to repair the damage.

Further the letter should demand payment within 14 days failing which court action will follow.

You should also ask for the company's insurance details too.

I have attached a template letter for guidance.

Once completed send a copy to both the boss and the company via post and email. The letter should be sent to the company's registered address.

Assuming the company does not respond to the letter or a resolution is no met within 14 days from the date of the letter I suggest you consider commencing court proceedings using the link http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk.

A user guide for the link to assist you with the court procedure is noted below: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/762843/mcol-userguide-eng.pdf

Alternatively if they provide the insurer's details I suggest you make a claim on the company's insurance so they can fix the damage for you.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

Thanks and stay safe

Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 10 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything as I am happy to help!”