How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2341
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

Caravan site fees paid until 31 October 2020 but proprietor

Customer Question

Caravan site fees paid until 31 October 2020 but proprietor wants to move caravan now so he can respite someone else
JA: What steps has the proprietor taken so far? Has he prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: not that we know of
JA: Where is the caravan located?
Customer: At Highfield and the Haven in Skegness and we have paid up to the end of October 2020
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: think that it
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If you have an agreement with the site for the pitch where you have your van, then they should leave your van in situ until the end of your agreement period.

Granted it is only 2 weeks time.

You could agree for them to move you van. You could agree and ask for a refund of some site fees and possibly compensation for the last two weeks.

Or, you can refuse and they will just have to wait two weeks.

Really your choice.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
We have stuff we want to pick up at the end of next week and he wont let us stay overnight as my wife has tested positive for Covid and can stop isolating on Sunday 18th October. We have paid until the 31st October 2020
Expert:  james bruce replied 9 days ago.

The way covid is going, there may well be more lockdowns in place before then anyway.

It is understandable they would not want someone who tested positive to stay onsite, but if out of isolation it could be fine.

Really it is up to you, the options above still apply, as long as you have paid up, they should leave you where you are unless you agree otherwise.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Trouble is he said he is going to move it anyway seems he can do what he wants and no laws apply We have paid until 31st October but he doesn’t care
Expert:  james bruce replied 9 days ago.

If you have paid for that pitch until that date, that is a contract, and he will be in breach of it.

However, for the sake of two weeks, for a period where you may not even be able to visit, you would need to decide if you really want the hassle of litigation for such a small amount of time and money.

You would have to attempt to mediate first, then if that got nowhere, send a formal letter before claim, in which you would seek your costs etc, if that failed then you could pay to take the case to court.