12826847

I have been taken into police station for questioning over

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have been taken into police station for questioning over an offence which took place. I had nothing to do with it and the police are still investigating. However they have placed me under certain bail condirions where I have to reside at my home address between 19:00-07:00 hours. I also have to attend the police station once a week to sign bail. My uncle has passed away in pakistan and my other uncle has recently undergone brain surgery. My solicitors have written out to the police and have had no response for the past week and a half. Due to the harsh circumstances I have found myself in with family a family member dying and another recently undergoing brain surgery I have had to fly out to pakistan. I have no previous criminal record and have always been a law abiding citizen. I have also booked a return flight back to the UK and am not fleeing from the police in any way shape or form. What can be the consequences
JA: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?
Customer: I have not been charged with anything, I have been released under investigation for a violent disorder, no court dates have been arranged, I have to sign bail once a week, aside from this my re interview date at the police station changed from 29th of September to the 25th of November
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: In my hone town
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all. Thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi my query is above, can you help me with some advice regarding this
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No thank you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can I have a response on here please
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Yes.

Are you basiclally asking what would happen if you left the uK?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
but not left for any reason, I have evidence of my uncle dying and also have evidence of my other uncle having had brain surgery. Thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Thanks for the information

If you leave the country whilst youare on bail with conditions of curfew then you will be in breach.

You can always ask them to vary yourbail conditions to allow you to leave the country for this purpose althoughthey may refuse but I do not think that's likely for a violent disorder .

You can always appeal the bail conditions.

But I doubt they particularly want youto sign at the moment as that creates really onerous pressure upon the police sothat probably should be looked at anyway .

But if you leave the country withoutpermission then you would be in breach

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I understand that I am in breach, but it was a genuine family emergency and the case is of a violent disorder, will they take these reasons into consideration?Based on my history where I have never had any criminal offences against me, what is the worst outcome I should be expecting based on breach of bail?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Not really.

you would still be arrested on a breach of bail and it is a wilful breach.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

You need to get it varied.

If you just breach it then you could well be remanded.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully,I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions.Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 days ago.

Just like with an appointment in real life, or a job interview, a follow up is good practice: "Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!” Or if the customer is already satisfied: “I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.