How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18578
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

This question is to set judgement aside on ccj, leeds county

Customer Question

hi . this question is to set judgement aside on ccj
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: leeds county court
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: i had paid fees and sent signed n244 form and mentioend reason for set judgement aside- stating that i had made payment plan with the energy company
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the energy company got notice and called up saying that they enterd judgement correctly , if goes for hearin i might loose.. so they asked me to withdraw
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Please find N244 form signed and sent to the court by me and three pdf (admission, claim form & letter) sent over to me from the claimant E.oN; after they received notice form court. After having conversation with them; they mentioned me that judgement was entered correctly and asked me to reconsider to withdraw application.Please advise.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Also attaching the mail from Eon with the above 3 pdf's ,my replies to them and their response back for your perusal.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 days ago.

I am assuming for the moment that they had Judgment for the £700 plus costs.

If that is the case then you are in difficulty.

You have made an admission of £700

You can not, therefore, apply to set aside the CCJ for £700 because you made an admission.

You can only set aside if you have a defence to the claim.

If you make an admission they are entitled to enter a CCJ for the admitted sum

If they filed the CCJ for the £700 then your application will fail

This is because its for the admitted sum.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Jamie, Thanks for clarifying it. Yes I made an admission to pay 700£ to pay in installments and I am paying it.By next month Nov 9th I will be finished paying the complete amount. I suppose then its fair to withdraw the application; rather than going to court and face further penalties rt? I paid a fees of 255£ to apply N244 to the CCBC. If I withdraw application; will I get back the refund of it. Please advise.Thanks.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 days ago.

You won't win if you go to Court.

Sadly the Court fee isn't refundable.........

I am sorry

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for clarification. Thats really unfortunate that I wont get the refund back. Anyways I will withdraw the application. Thanks for your time.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 days ago.

My pleasure

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you jamie. Your input helped me in resolution.I think I got the required info from you. Would you recommend me to withdraw tgd application given to court by calling them or should i wait. Please suggest.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 days ago.

Yes, I would write to the court and withdraw it.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Definitely. Thanks a lot Jamie. Have a nice day.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 days ago.

My pleasure, you too