How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2100
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

Have changed mobile phones over from ee to 02 through a

Customer Question

have changed mobile phones over from ee to 02 through a company called prestiege telecom, have had problems with the phones answering properly and wasted loads of time between them and BT trying to sort the problem to no avail. currently when we answer the phone we are then asked to press 1 to connect. Prestiege say it is a problem at BT and BT say it is a fault at Prestiege end. Previously we we with EE and did not experience such problems and inconvenience when trying to answer the phone and speak to customers. Our contract with Prestiege is 4 years of which we are in month 9. where do we stand?
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: cheshire in uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: just steps back and to between Prestiege and BT with no progress and Prestiege unprepared to remedy the situation.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok to wait. thank you
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

This isCustomer welcome to Just Answer.

I have been a legal expert on the site for several years and my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. Your satisfaction is my top priority! Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an lawyer-client relationship and it is always in your best interest to retain legal counsel, if you have a current legal matter, that you need help with.

Please allow me a few moments to reply with my initial answer. I am here but need time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry and your patience.

You should check the terms and conditions of your contract to find out what your cancellation rights are. It should say specifically ho you may go about cancelling. Usually however, if you are to cancel, you may find that you would be required to pay a fee for doing so. As you have had the service for 9 months, you would not be able to rely on the legal 14 days cooling off period as a means to cancel.

If the service is not improving I recommend going back to your service provider and asking for the email address for their complaints department. This will allow you to reduce your complaint to writing and have a record of the complaint made and any steps, if any they have made to address the problem. If after making the complaint they have failed to resolve the issue, or their attempts at doing so are inadequate, you may escalate your complaint to the ombudsman for services. Here are there details:

This is an independent body who will be able to look into complaints of this nature. If your complaint is found to be meritorious, they may the necessary recommendations to the service provider to have the issue resolved.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again. Have a great day.