james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I need a legal question answered, UK, None, What's the

Customer Question

I need a legal question answered
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What's the process with this?
Expert:  james bruce replied 5 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

Please ask your question, and I will do my best to answer for you?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I've been told by the solicitor representing Enfield Borough Council that their client will be applying to get an eviction date for me to vacate my property due to unpaid council tax. There was an agreement made to pay, but I was put on furlough for 4 months and then made redundant at the end of July. I'm currently unemployed (receiving benefits) and looking for work, but I'm confident I will find something very soon. So I wanted to know what I could do to stop the eviction.

You should reply to the solicitors explaining your predicament that you were on furlough and then made redundant, but actively looking for work.

Make an offer to pay something each week, no matter how small as a gesture to help resolve the dispute. If it goes to court, this could possibly work in your favour.

Otherwise, as long as they follow correct procedures, they can go down the eviction route.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you very much..

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
With your experience do you think the local authority would be willing to accept reduced payments for now?

If you make an offer, normally they would accept that yes.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok, thank you..
Expert:  james bruce replied 4 days ago.

Your welcome, good luck.