12826847

I had a Police interview under caution today. I have been

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I had a Police interview under caution today. I have been advised by the legal representative not to answer any questions and to replay with No comment. Not sure if this was the best i could do and is it possible to ask the Police to give a statement again?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Thanks In Southampton
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing yet, just had the interview this afternoon
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure at the moment
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
IHAD A POLICE INTERVIEW THIS AFTERNOON ,HAD BEEN ADVISED NOT TO GIVE ANY ANSWERS AND JUST TO SAY NO COMMENT. I DON'T THINK THIS WAS IN MY INTEREST AT ALL AS I COULD GIVE ANSWERS TO ALL QUESTIONS. COULD I POSSIBLY TELL THE POLICE THAT I have changed my mind and give a statement?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Thanksfor the information

If youreceived advice to make a no comment interview then it was the right thing todo. It is almost always the right thingto do even when not advised and always with serious crime.

If youwant then you can contact the police and offer a new interview but it is a badidea.

Avoidingthe inference is worth all of the other risks attendant upon a comment interview.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It looks to me that not answering will lead to a prosecution
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Well it might. But answering questions wouldn't deterrentprosecution. The police are not going to believe you.

The point of interview anyway is avoiding conviction not avoidingprosecution.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok, thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully,I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions.Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Just like with an appointment in real life, or a job interview, a follow up is good practice: "Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!” Or if the customer is already satisfied: “I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.