How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2227
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

Scots Law. Conveyancing Life Rent contract /agreement.

Customer Question

Scots Law .
Conveyancing Life Rent contract /agreement .
Advice on .
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 7 days ago.

Hello I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

I would be greatly appreciative if you could use the 5 stars to rate my advice once I have provided it you.

Thank you

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry. A life rent can be granted by the owner(s) of a property. The owner will grant a person a life rent by including it as a clause in their Will. What this will entitle the renter to is to remain in the property until such times as they agree to leave the property or pass away. So for example, if a parent owns a property then they can leave the property in the will to one child and grant a life rent to the other. This mens that the child who has inherited the property will not be able to evict the other person without their agreement or until their death. Furthermore, a parent can gift or sell a property to a child and the child can grant the parent a life rent in their will providing the same security to the parent who has given them the house. If you contact a local lawyer who deals with conveyancing then they will be able to put all of this in order for you.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be recognised for my response by the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks