Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am the victim of domestic violence. My ex-partner has a

Hi, I am the victim of domestic violence. My ex-partner has a court date in a couple of weeks for the violence and criminal damage to my laptop and iPad. He has been told by his solicitor he will more than likely go to prison. Could this be case, considering he has no criminal convictions and this is his first offence? Thanks, Sonia
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: yes, abh and criminal damage. The court date is at the end of this month
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: at my house
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank-you

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Jamie, that’s great. thank-you. Also although I withdrew my statement, is there anyway I could stop this prosecution?
Thanks,
Sonia

Domestic violence is always an aggravating factor.

It really depends on the extent of the injury and what was damaged in terms of value.

The starting point with no aggravating factors is Medium level community order

Given its domestic, it will be the next level up. The starting point is 26 weeks’ custody

However, he can be convicted based on any 999 call, bodycam footage and interview.

There is nothing you can do if you have withdrawn your statement. But if you called the Police, that is an issue. The call can be used as evidence.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Jamie,
Many thanks for your reply.
The damage to my property was about £1,000, and he hit my face pretty badly, so there was a lot of blood.With this, would he actually go to prison, or would it be a suspended sentence?Thanks,
Sonia

Yes, he could go to prison Sonia.

But the Court may suspend it.

Does that help?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
it does, thanks so much Jamie.

My pleasure

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Jamie, I hope you’re well.. could I ask you another question please?