Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Received a parkinmg notice from parking was 29th August it

Customer Question

received a parkinmg notice from parking was 29th August it came last week i entred site 14,17 17 sec left at 14:30.36 and ive got a 60.00 fine from Smart parking letter dated 2/10/20 i hjave to pay in 14 days from date of letter
JA: Because laws vary by location, can you tell me where the company is registered?
Customer: Birmingham Unit 43 Elmondon Tradiong estate Bickenhill Lane Marstpon Green Birmingham
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just think 60.00 is steep fine considering i spent only 12 minutes
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 15 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays but rest assured that I will respond within 24 hours.

When you agree to park in a site you are deemed to accept the parking site's terms and conditions regarding parking your vehicle. Therefore unless the terms and conditions were not placed in areas that were visible and the terms and conditions permitted you to park for the duration of 12 minutes for free then its unlikely you will escape the fine in question. Therefore before you pay or challenge the fine please consider the points raised because if you are not successful you could be facing a higher fee.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you im sure at gthe time i pafrked and entred gthje shop their parking point wasnt working as if you parked and spent in Aldi it was free never mind. I will pay it and avoid going their again. Sytay safe
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 14 days ago.

Your welcome and have a great day.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thanks I have paid the fine
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 13 days ago.

Ok, thanks for the info and have a good weekend.

If you require assistance on any issues in future please let me know.