Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

UK Civil Law Following on from my previous question and in

UK Civil LawFollowing on from my previous question and in light of CMC's unable to solely initiate litigation proceedings...If clients are generated through our company and outsourced via firm of solicitors, what would be the typical arrangement look like?
Instead of hourly fees initiated by the solicitor can we contractually ask the firm of solicitors to do the work on our clients behalf for an overall percentage of the gross claim?
If so, what are the typical percentages for outsourced lead generation?Thanks Jeremy

Hi thank you for your message, that is a very difficult question to answer because there are a number of issues with that from a professional perspective, not least that Solicitors cannot legally pay referral fees, you can see more about that from the Solicitors regulator here: https://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/guidance/referral-fees-laspo-sra-principles/

In particular the SRA has made clear the arrangement you suggest is unacceptable: "Some claims management companies ("CMCs") are seeking to charge clients a proportion of their damages in return for being referred to a suitable law firm and/or for other claims management services. If you are asked by a CMC to deduct payments from your client's damages or forward the client's damages to the CMC you are unlikely to be able to comply with your obligations in the Standards and Regulations."

Consequently, I do not feel you could pay such a fee. Therefore, you would need to look into hiring a solicitor to work for you instead. They could get a salary plus bonuses dependent on income to the company but they would need to be careful how this is set up.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Superb as always Jeremy!Many Thanks Indeed

Glad I could help, take care