Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I have a problem regarding my student finance. I live in

Customer Question

Good morning. I have a problem regarding my student finance.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Colden Common, Winchester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have applied in July. They still have not come up with an answer the fee to university is due today
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think the problem is that I cannot prove that my husband and I have been separated for the last 8 years and I am a single parent of two ever since
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi. All set up
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Helloooo???
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 7 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. My name is***** and I am very sorry to hear about your situation. I hope that my answer can help you today. Can I confirm have you spoken with them about your issue?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
almost every week and they asked for a marital status form to fill in and send which I did. Also they told me that should have been enough but when I check online it seems like they ask for different evidence again which today is for cover letter
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am sorry but Citizen advice it supposed to be free of charge
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I can’t afford the call
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
would like to cancel my subscription

Hi, thank you for your message. I am very sorry to hear about your situation and can understand this to be a difficult situation to be in. I would advise that you write them a letter setting out your case and asking them to clarify what exactly they need and when you can expect to hear back. You should also ask them to set out exactly what they need from you in writing and clarify anything you are uncertain about. If you are missing evidence you need to explain this to them and ask if there is alternative evidence that you can provide or if they can give you examples of the type of evidence that they need. You can read more about how to contact them and the application process here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance. You can read more about eligibility here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

I hope this helps and I wish you all the best in dealing with this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have further questions regarding this matter. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you kindly for your support.
Hi, thank you for your message. No problem I am glad I could help. Have a great day!