Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

Betfred have closed my betting account due to a disputed

Customer Question

Betfred have closed my betting account due to a disputed depsoit of £80 with paypal. My account has a balance of just over £200 can I make a claim
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm currently living in Malta but the account is registered at my preants in the Uk parents
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: ive asked them to refund and they're just refusing point blank
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 days ago.

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 7 days ago.

Hello I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

I would be greatly appreciative if you could use the 5 stars to rate my advice once I have provided it you.

Thank you for your enquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation. However, if there was a balance in your account which was yours in cash and not subject to any betting signup bonuses etc. then legally this is your money. You could make a claim agains them yes. However court action should always be the last case scenario once all other avenues have been exhausted. I appreciate you have written to them previously. However, what I would advise doing is informing them that you have taken advice and they owe you the money. Explain that if the matter is not resolved then you will consider taking legal action, in addition to this you can tell them that if you require to do this then you will make an application again them for the cost doing so. In reality the cost of pursuing the £200 in court is not likely to be worth it however, you could look at taking the action yourself by making a small claims application online against them. The likelihood is that if you do this they will simply refund you the money as it will b cheaper than their time in defending this however, that is not a guarantee. If you follow the advice I have given you above then I would hope that you will be able to get this matter resolved without the need of legal action.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be recognised for my response by the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks