12826847

If police ask for your phone and your asked to go in for

Customer Question

If police ask for your phone and your asked to go in for questioning few days after is this normal procedure when there’s been an accident
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: west sussex
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: they are trying to piece together what happened
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Thanksfor the information

It is fairly normal now I'm afraid. They askfor telephones in almost every case now. What they are looking for probably assome evidence of incriminatory texts or indeed exculpated texts. Although thelatter is inadmissible but the police have no idea!

Alternatively they may be looking at somethingthat made inroads into your concentration at the time of the collision orbefore.

It is difficult to say really but the realityis that if you don't provide it they will just seize it.

Do you have a solicitor?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”