MarianC
MarianC, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
109551472

We are power of attorney for a old friend she is in a home

Hi we are power of attorney for a old friend she is in a home on respite care she is unable to look after her self at home, so we have to find her a permanent place to live and because she has a property she has to sell it to pay for her care, we need her permission to market the property but she doesn’t understand the forms to sign we can’t see her because of COVID-19 and the staff say she is not able to make her own decision, does that have to be confirmed by a doctor
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Milton Keynes
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: have taken forms to the home but staff say she doesn’t understand what she is signing we are waiting on a response from her social worker but not heard anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that’s about it at the moment
Good morning I am sorry to hear about your friend. If she cannot understand the forms and you cannot get a solicitor in to see her then you cannot proceed with the power of attorney. The alternative is to make an application to the court of protection for a deputy ship Order where your friend does not have to
Sign anything
Marian
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks for the advice. Sue

Do you need any further assistance?

Good evening, please contact me should you require any further assistance.