How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MarianC Your Own Question
MarianC, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 726
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MarianC is online now

We are power of attorney for a old friend she is in a home

This answer was rated:

Hi we are power of attorney for a old friend she is in a home on respite care she is unable to look after her self at home, so we have to find her a permanent place to live and because she has a property she has to sell it to pay for her care, we need her permission to market the property but she doesn’t understand the forms to sign we can’t see her because of COVID-19 and the staff say she is not able to make her own decision, does that have to be confirmed by a doctor
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Milton Keynes
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: have taken forms to the home but staff say she doesn’t understand what she is signing we are waiting on a response from her social worker but not heard anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that’s about it at the moment
Good morning I am sorry to hear about your friend. If she cannot understand the forms and you cannot get a solicitor in to see her then you cannot proceed with the power of attorney. The alternative is to make an application to the court of protection for a deputy ship Order where your friend does not have to
Sign anything
Kind regards
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks for the advice. Sue

Do you need any further assistance?

MarianC and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Good evening, please contact me should you require any further assistance.