Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I am about to sign a tenancy agreement and need some advice

Customer Question

Good morning, I am about to sign a tenancy agreement and need some advice on the terms of the contract
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Hammersmith, London
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 4 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thank you Vineet
Expert:  Vineet S replied 4 days ago.

Hi there,

what is your specific question, please?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I uploaded the tenancy agreement. I just want to make sure I have one month notice period without being binded to pay for 6 months or 1 year. The contract says: this agreement shall commence on the 1st October 2020 until 30th September 2021 at a rent of £750..... It is hereby agreed, wither party may serve one calendar month written notice to end the tenancy
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Does it mean that I can end the contract even in December 2020 without being binded for 1 year?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 4 days ago.

Thank you for your reply. I will go through the attached tenancy agreement & will be with you shortly.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 4 days ago.

Hi there,

Either party, (you or Landlord) can terminate this tenancy by giving one month notice in writing .

So, you can terminate it anytime by giving one month notice to the Landlord, thus are not tied in the fixed term till Sept end 2021.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 4 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 4 days ago.

My pleasure, thanks again.