How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35954
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I want a simple legal document expressing mine and my

Customer Question

Hi I want a simple legal document expressing mine and my spouse's wish to have our only child placed in the custody of friends (and NOT relatives) in the event of our death. Is there a mechanism for doing this?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Nothing yet.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Cornwall, UK
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 12 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 days ago.

The way to do this is to make Wills naming your friends as Testamentary Gurdians of your children.

In the event that you have both died this will give them a form pf Parental Responsibility for the children

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thanks.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 days ago.

You are welcome