13262538

I want a simple legal document expressing mine and my

Customer Question

Hi I want a simple legal document expressing mine and my spouse's wish to have our only child placed in the custody of friends (and NOT relatives) in the event of our death. Is there a mechanism for doing this?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Nothing yet.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Cornwall, UK
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 days ago.

The way to do this is to make Wills naming your friends as Testamentary Gurdians of your children.

In the event that you have both died this will give them a form pf Parental Responsibility for the children

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thanks.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 days ago.

You are welcome