JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

We have had a letter about our solar panels saying the

Customer Question

We have had a letter about our solar panels saying the company have gone into liquidation and offering alternative cover. Is this a scam?
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: We are in Llantrisant RCT Wales. The letter comes from HIES company number 07972075
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 5 days ago.

Hi, this is Jim, thank you for the question - I will resolve this for you.

Sorry to hear of the issue. It is not a scam. HIES is a consumer protection organisation covering the installation of solar panels and other renewable energy products. The company number you quote is correct. They offer insurance-backed guarantees which is underwritten and ensures that if your installer goes bust, you can still make a claim on your warranty - as such, if you have been contracted by HIES, it is unlikely to be a scam and they are telling you that if your solar panels become defective then you still have cover. To be sure, you should ask them if they did in fact contact you and it was not a scammer - you can email HIES here: *****@******.*** or for a quicker reply, contact them by telephone on 0344(###) ###-####/strong>
I hope this helps and answers the question - please feel free to ask me anything else. .

Have a good day,
Jim

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks very much. Howard Bilton
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 5 days ago.

My pleasure, thanks and have a good day.
Jim