How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18624
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

My son has received a summons to attend cour on a charge of

Customer Question

Good afternoon
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My son has received a summons to attend cour on a charge of driving without due care and attentionwhich could result in a fine plus 3-9 points. This would result in him losing his licence. His driving resulted in an accident which was all captured on his dash cam in horrendous rainy conditions and includes him veering across the center line etc. He was alcahol and drug tested and that was clear but he does take medication. He has anxiety and depression as well for which he takes medication. Would a firm be able to have a look at the charge and the footage and possibly attend in December as I am concerned the worry will add to his ongoing depression and anxiety?
JA: Can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Eastbourne
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I think so as there are the mitigating circumstances and he has been asked to attend if he does not plead guilty.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that is about it for now and go from there.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

We can not represent you sadly.

But you can get a public access Barrister to review, advise and represent in Court.

You can upload the footage and I can take a look and tell you what I think.

But if you need in-depth advice and representation I would suggest a public access Barrister

You can get one at:

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thankyou for your response
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

My pleasure

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.