How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3280
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I have a court order against my child's father regarding no

Customer Question

Hi I have a court order against my child's father regarding no contact. We had a horrible past and it's been a year and a half we want to try again
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: yes
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: bristol
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 6 days ago.

Good afternoon, I'm Lea and I am going to assist you with this query.

What type of order was it - a non molestation order, or a child arrangements order?

If you have a copy of the order it may be easiest if you attach it.

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is: 0808(###) ###-####/li>
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Child arrangements order
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I don't have the court order on me
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 6 days ago.

What were the specific circumstances that lead to the father having no contact at all ordered?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Domestic abuse
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
But it wasn't as bad as it was set out in court I was young and had my parents confusing me
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 6 days ago.

How old are the children?

Were they subject to the abuse, or did they witness it?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
He's now 2 he wasn't involved in any violence
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
We just want to start again the residency order will still stand
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 6 days ago.

My concern is that things have to be at a very extreme level before a complete no contact is ordered by the court - which would mean that the concerns were very high. If that is the case, then if you decide to get involved with him again, you are likely to be putting yourself and the child at risk...and someone is bound to inform social services who can then intervene and remove your child if this is deemed necessary.

I would like to see the actual court order before giving any further guidance, but just on the basis of what you have said, I would suggest that you do not re-start a relationship at this stage due to the potential risk to you and your child.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It's been a year and a half and we have both grown up and changed
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It's not a restraining order he got to have supervised contact with his mother. Why can't I supervise
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 6 days ago.

If you genuinely think you want to make a go of it, then you can apply to court to have the order varied.

You will apply on form C100 - cost is £215.

The court will decide what to do after assessing your new circumstances.