F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I own a property in chesterfield which is leased to a tenant

Customer Question

Hi i own a property in chesterfield which is leased to a tenant operating a nightclub. i have received a letter from an insurance company asking that i provide details of the insurer but i dont know it and the tenant though paying the rent isnt responding to my calls. I just dont want to get involved so can i ignore the letter as absolutely nothing to do with me
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: i live in england
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: about what
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

I will be happy to assist with your question today. I need some time to consider this and compose a response. There is NO need to wait online because you will get an email when I respond. Sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes longer.

I apologise for any unavoidable delay, but rest assured I have not forgotten your question.

is this a commercial lease?

who is this insurance company?

how long has he been a tenant?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK. its a commercial lease. the letter is from a solicitor and the tenant has been in occupation 2 years
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
its OK i can wait a few days
Expert:  F E Smith replied 11 days ago.

Are you able to let me see the letter please? Please remove any personal details.

I would never ignore this.

At this stage, I would write back to the solicitor acknowledging the letter and telling them that the tenant provides their own insurance, and that you have no details and that they should write directly to the tenant whose details are XXXX