james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My friend she paid all year rent to a student accommodation.

Customer Question

My friend she paid all year rent to a student accommodation. But she wants to get out of the contract because she found that her housemates are too noisy and got a party with friends each night. Can she?
15/10/2020 04:50Can she get the full year payment back? She does not want to stay in the house now. It is not safe with too many people in the house for some nights.
Expert:  james bruce replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If your friend signed a tenancy agreement, then I am very sorry to say, that she is legally bound by that agreement. There is very rarely a clause that would allow her to leave early. If she does leave in breach of the agreement, then she would not be entitled to her money back, and could still be liable to other costs.

She should read her agreement carefully as there may be an option to find a replacement person to take her place. If there is, this would be her way out of the agreement.

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.