How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18600
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Or madom Following a serious work place accident which has

Customer Question

Dear sir or madom Following a serious work place accident which has left me disabled and unable to work. I have found out that the company did not report my accident to the HSE. As this company has had a number of accidents over the years as well as one fatality. And to avoid an investigation is this proof of negligence. Many thanks Graham
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Graham essex
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have a solicitor but I can't move forward at the moment as I have run out of mony
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My old solicitor did ask for the video but was told no video exist but I was told at the time of my accident that my accident was caught on camera
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

I am sorry to hear about your accident.

You need to write a letter to your employer, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.