C.Cornel
C.Cornel, Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Lawyer at Legal Group
105439980

We have a Charity in Romania and funds we raise are sent to

We have a Charity in Romania and funds we raise are sent to a sterling bank account in Romania and the Manager of the Centre we run, withdraws money, by agreement with the Bank when the Account was set up in my husband's name as he is President of the Romanian Charity. This has been done this way for at least 10 years. the "Banca Translivania" has asked for information from my husband which he tried to fill in both on their online site and by telephone which involves taking a photo of his Permanent Residence's card, but the BoT would not accept it, although we have had permanent residence cards for about 15 years and it was updated last year in Romania. They are saying thatmy husband needs either to attend in person or give the Manager Power of Attorney to give the details that they require about himself which needs to be done by the end of the month or they are threatening to close the account. As we are currently in Scotland and due to the Covid situation not wishing to travel to Romania at this time, is it possible to draw up a Power of Attorney in the UK that will be valid in Romania for this problem and how much is it likely to cost. Thank you

Good evening.

I have looked over the details of your case and I do confirm that I will be able to assist and advise you with herein legal inquiry.

Can you let me know what is the deadline until when your husband must present the power of attorney?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Good morning,
Thank you for your response which I appreciate. I am Lesley's husband Peter. I have spoken with our employee in Romania who manages the day to day work, and he says that there is possibly some movement with the Bank but will not know until Tuesday/Wednesday. The Power of Attorney has to be with the bank by the 29th October, but needs to be with our Employee so that he can get an Official translation into Romanian before that time. It also requires to be Apostilled. If we require to pursue this could you give me an estimated cost and time frame that would be required.
I have been sent the wording required and all the details needed by the bank.
Thank you for your assistance.

Thank you for your response.

Such a deadline is fairly tight, given the fact that you must draft, get approaved the power of attorney and have it apostilled.

It might be possible to meet that particularly deadline, however such procedures, on a urgent basis are fairly costly, most likely in the range of thousand of pounds.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I'm sorry but we are only a small charity with a small income but appreciate your swift response but unfortunately we cannot proceed any further.

No worries, wish you the best of luck with your situation and I would strongly advise to reach an agreement with the bank, informally.

C.Cornel, Lawyer
Experience: Senior Lawyer at Legal Group
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Although we did not proceed with the query, the response was swift and concise.