How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18609
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Dear pearl one travel agent booked my flt, i paid the full

Customer Question

dear pearl one travel agent booked my flt , i paid the full amount by bank transfer, later on he did not issued the tkts, as required class was not available, for higher class he asked for more 600 pounds , which i couldnt afford, so i asked him to refunf the amount , but after 3.5 months he is not
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: even answering my phone call not my email, pl. advice me what to do.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: just make him phone call and email corespondance
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats all thnx
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 days ago.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request a refund within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Jamie my claim is much less then the amount you described, it's only 1250 pounds, bt as in present situation I don't have any job, this means a lot to me, specially the way they have cheated me that v. annoying nd I feel disgusted. I still can't understand from your mail to whomever I should contact, how to pursue my case .
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

The small claims limit is £10,000.

You can claim less. If you are low income you may be entitled to fee remission

Does that clarify?