ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

I lent money to someone who lives part time in turkey but

Customer Question

I lent money to someone who lives part time in turkey but has her own house in the Uk and the money was lent from my Uk account to her Uk account can I do anything about this if she is currently in turkey
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in the Uk - London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have asked for the money back to which I was ignored and blocked Her daughter also owes me £500 She owes me £6000
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i want to know what can be done
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 13 days ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. You are perfect within your rights to bring a claim against them in the small claims court at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk for the sum outstanding. I would issue the proceedings against them at their UK property. It is for them to ensure that they have an appropriate forwarding system to ensure that they receive their post. I hope this helps and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I lent the money but it was paid from my mums account to her account.
Do I make the claim or does my mum?
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 12 days ago.

I would be minded to be on the safe side and consider issuing in joint names; although technically it should be in your name as you were the two parties to the contract. Please rate 5 stars