How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35954
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I was just in the middle of chatting and got cut off,

Customer Question

Hi I was just in the middle of chatting and got cut off
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Husband in dudley Birmingham Myself I live in cork ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we want to get divorced we have been separated since 2014
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we have a deed of separation outlining our arrangement for maintenance
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 14 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

Expert:  Clare replied 14 days ago.

You can issue a petition in England based on the fact that you have lived apart for more than five years.

the Petition fee is £550

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
We are both in agreement on the discussion to divorce a divorce. Need to know if is possible
Will it be recognised in Ireland
How long it takes and the costs involved
Expert:  Clare replied 14 days ago.

You can make the application as your ex is resident in the UK

Yes it will be recognised in Ireland.

It takes between five and nine months

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details