Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

If I sue someone and they have an asset, a home, but it is a

Customer Question

If I sue someone and they have an asset, a home, but it is a joint asset shared with the person's spouse, can I still access that asset if I win a law suit to have it liquidated? And what if in the course of the law suit the person I am suing give his share of the house to his spouse?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 6 days ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 6 days ago.

Yes, it is possible to enforce the sale of a jointly-owned asset, but you will need a court order for sale after obtaining the court judgment.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 6 days ago.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I shall be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 6 days ago.

I am delighted that I have resolved your enquiry.

Please give me a five-star rating on the Portal to close this thread.

I wish you all the very best in resolving this matter and of course for safely navigating the current “choppy waters” in which we all find ourselves. :)

LawyerEd