Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I was introduced to do building extension which was to the

Customer Question

I was introduced to do building extension which was to the value of £33300
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: slough and the guy is asking for 8000 as introduction fee which has never been agreed verbali
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: or in writing none so far
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i was going to offer him about 500 as introduction fee but he pressing for 8000
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 10 days ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 10 days ago.

An introduction fee was not agreed when the contract was formed, then it is not a term of the contract. If the referrer issued court proceedings against you, then the claim would probably fail at court.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 10 days ago.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I shall be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
There was no contract with at all in any form neither verbal or in writing , and he came to my house around 7 pm banging on the door asking for money which I do not owe him. And he came threatening me that he will come again
What are my options and how do I stop him to do this again? Can I report him and send him a Notice of any kind?
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 10 days ago.

You can report him to the police for harassment. He has no basis in law to pursue you for this money.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Which is the cheapest option?
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 10 days ago.

A report to the police.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is it possible to contact you tomorrow
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Or call you tomorrow
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 10 days ago.

This is a complicated matter which requires a detailed discussion where I can provide bespoke advice. I suggest that we have a detailed telephone discussion and can offer a Premium Service Phone Call. If you accept, I can pass you my direct contact details for a bespoke document review and telephone advice.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please forward me your contact details
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 10 days ago.

Please accept my offer of a Premium Service Phone Call and I will pass you my contact details. Under my Just Answer Expert Agreement, I cannot provide Customers any direct contact details or information about my law firm’s charges.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 7 days ago.

Do you still need expert assistance in this matter?

Please accept my offer of a Premium Service Phone Call and I shall be delighted to pass you my contact details so that we may have a detailed discussion about your legal issue.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 4 days ago.

I note that you have not replied to my request for further information. I shall therefore post a “general answer” to your type of legal issue. Please revert to me if I am mistaken as to your type of legal issue or the answer does not fit the facts of your situation and I shall be delighted to amend my answer accordingly.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 4 days ago.

If the other party have terminated the contract before the expiry of its fixed term or notice period and have not alleged an actual, material or repudiatory breach of the contract on your part, then they have terminated the contract in breach and may be liable to pay you damages for your losses.

Damages for breach of contract will be the other party’s payments for the remainder of the fixed term, or the notice period for termination of the contract. You must present the defendant with a civil claim and issue court proceedings in the County Court.

If your expected damages are under £10,000, you may issue court proceedings via the Government’s Small Claims Track Online System: https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim. The issue fee will be no more than £410.00. A party cannot normally recover solicitors’ costs on the Small Claims Track. However, it is designed for non-lawyers (known as “Litigants In Person”). The trials are relatively informal, and the judges do not expect parties to have the same legal knowledge as experienced solicitors and barristers.

However, if your expected damages are between £10,000 and £25,000, the claim will be allocated to the Fast Track, and if damages are over £25,000, it will be allocated to the Multi Track. These tracks are much more formal and legally technical, and it is expected that both parties will instruct solicitors. The normal rule on the Fast and Multi Tracks is that the winning party (either at a Final Hearing, or through a negotiated settlement) can expect to receive most of their legal costs from the losing party.

If your claim is worth over £10,000, I strongly recommend that you instruct specialist commercial dispute resolution and court litigation solicitors to advise you and conduct the litigation. If you cannot afford legal costs upfront, you should contact your home or business insurers and ask if they will cover your legal costs under a legal expenses insurance policy. They will either pay your solicitors’ fees or appoint a law firm on their panel of solicitors to act for you.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 4 days ago.

LawyerEd