13262538

My daughter is 19 - on july 5th she has completed her a

Customer Question

Hi - my daughter is 19 - on july 5th she has completed her a levels - she went to uni last year but then dropped out after 2 weeks last september - she is now working full-time as far as i am aware - the cms are still trying to get me to pay for her - I have a letter saying they are looking at the mandatory reconsideration now and I have to send them any further information which I think may be pertinent.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Newcastle upon Tyne - England.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I sent them a letter saying she was 19 yrs of age- not in any form of education and was working full-time and requested a mandatory reconsideration they have sent me a letter saying they will look at this and are asking for any further information.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There are 2 children involved my son is 17 - he has also finished his schooling - he is registered disabled and is in receipt of P.I.P. including the motability component and my ex is claining carer allowance - My position is that they are both over 16 and finished with schooling - the fact that my son is claiming I think means that she is already being paid for him - he is an adult.
Expert:  Clare replied 5 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

Expert:  Clare replied 5 days ago.

Are you sure that your 17 year old is not at college - Young people with disability often stay on in eduaction longer

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
He may be doing a course I believe at Houghall college I believe to do with animal care I have no idea what level this course is at - or how the level affects the case?.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No thanks - not at present.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 days ago.

The level will be secondary education which means that you have yo continue paying for him until he finises the ocurse or reaches his 20th birthday - whichever is later

You do not have to pay for your daughter

I am sorry that the news is not better - please ask if you need further details