12826847

I would like to make some questions. i am over 15 days in

Customer Question

I would like to make some questions. i am over 15 days in Bognor england with my bf and is the 2 second time a police car stops him and take from him his money and his phone the last time we were together they kept due to the THINK that we were salling drugs due to that we had 900 pounds on us now they have our money with no evidence and our phones that they kept under investigation and we are supposed to stay here until the end of the month .Is that even legal ?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: they gave us some papers that says something for a bayl that we must wait. and if nothing pops up from our phones we can leave at the end of the month the problem is that the came into our house the address that we gave and also took the rest money that we had. In the middle of the night. Is that legal ? We came from greece for a month just vacations how the possibly can stop us for no reason and due to that the insurance of our car is not on my bf we are under suspecion . And to the second car it was on his name but they didnt even looked we have our passports they didnt took anything thanx good does it means that we can leave. ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: the reasons tha all that happends. Is that even legal . No evidence found we had nothing and for no reason now we can not go home and we have no money
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Bognor Regis England
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

What would you like to know about this?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Without the information I asked for I can onlygive you a general answer but I hope this helps.

If you are asking whether or not the actionsof the police are legal then I'm afraid that they are. There are Two possibleexplanations for this. The first is that you are just seeing random policeofficers which is quite possible. I see police officers most days as well.

The second is that he is being targeted. Contraryto popular belief that is actually completely lawful. The police are entitledto keep an eye on some people more than others. There are some cases that docomment on police harassment but that really is where they have no properinterest.

A proper interest just means the burystsuspicion. Otherwise surveillance would be illegal and it is not

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”