marcusmalin
marcusmalin,
66642005

Should I contract a solicitor to support me at a small

Customer Question

should I contract a solicitor to support me at a small claims court
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: There is a possibly a buyer in a private vehicle sale is going to claim against me because they want their money back
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No, not yet, I have studied the CRA 2015 and feel confident that I have fulfilled my obligations as the seller
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The vehicle I sold went into the garage for a clutch problem before the buyer purchased it, I was told the vehicle was fixed but when I drove the vehicle away it wasn't perfect. I told the mechanic this and also the buyer. They test drove it and went through with the purchase based on them taking it back to the mechanic as they declined my offer of doing it before the sale was actually concluded - the mechanic asked for the vehicle to be taken back as he probably hadn't bled it enough and this is what I informed the buyer before they purchased it 'Sold as Seen'?
Expert:  marcusmalin replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is Marcus.

Whether you need a solicitor is a matter for you - although if successful you are unlikely to secure the costs of doing so back as it is a small claim.

What is the value of the car?

If you are not selling as a dealer then as long as you have not misled or expressly made a false comment then you are likely to be safe as it was a private sale and as you say sold as seen.

The only time with a private sale a purchaser would have any redress is if you on the advert or during the sale made any comments that were relied upon by the purchaser that transpired to be untrue - being something the purchaser relied upon.

As you described the matter that does not seem to be the case.