Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

If one is a private client If you are a private client does

If one is a private client If you are a private client does just section 2 need to be filled out?
Are prescribed rates for publicly funded services relevant to a private client on the Form H?
What is an indemnity rate?
What is a financial remedy solicitors’ costs?
What’s a disbursement?
What’s a FDR appointment?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
File attached (GMG2413)

Hi thank you for your message, I appreciate this may be confusing so I will look to assist. Part 2 does not need to be completed. The indemnity rate is the private rate. A disbursement is a cost in bringing the claim e.g. expert reports or court issue fees. FDR is the FDR hearing (or Financial Dispute Resolution Hearing) is generally the second hearing that takes place once a party has made an application for a financial remedy as part of divorce proceedings. Financial remedy solicitors costs is the cost of obtaining any financial remedy e.g. a division of the marital assets. Prescribed rates do not apply to a private client.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.