How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70788
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I’ve been trying since August 22nd to return this parcel, I

This answer was rated:

I’ve been trying since August 22nd to return this parcel
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I have been ringing Amazon loads loads of times to return this parcel
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: told them I’m 75 no computer no car I’ve spoke to the seller they told me to do it through Amazon .. each call has been like one half hours I know it’s situation . People have phoned for me we’re not getting anywhere till last night a nice man rang me saying I have to phone DPD to arrange collection DPD said Amazon have to sort it they can’t arrange I’m at a brick wall all the time I don’t know what to do any more I’m sick of Amorim
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need a solution I need my money back

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Hi there. What options have Amazon provided for you to return the item?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Last night a nice person said I have to arrange for it to be picked up byDPD DPD SAID I have to tell Amorim to make arrangement but Amorim are saying I have to ring they gave me phone number I spoke to them this morning they cannot help me and apologised
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No I can’t do this I’ve lost my husband I need the refund I haven’t got this kind of mine I’m struggling with my house on my own sorry looks like another buck wall

Don’t worry about the pop-up mentioning a phone call – this is an automatic offer made by the system giving you the opportunity to pay extra to discuss things over the phone. However it is entirely optional and we can continue in writing on here at no extra cost.

Please do not worry and leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I don’t want you to take any money out of my bank I’ve already sent £5 this is all scaring me now
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I’m not paying £44 for a phone call

Hi there, the pop-up mentioning a phone call – this is an automatic offer made by the system, giving you the opportunity to pay extra to discuss things over the phone. Please contact customer services to cancel the call and request a refund by following the link below:

In the meantime, I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can. Many thanks

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in your situation.

As I am a lawyer, hopefully you can appreciate that I cannot tell you how to return the parcel, this is a practical query which is not down to a legal professional to tell you how to do and all I can discuss with you are your legal rights in the event the seller unreasonably refuses to arrange for the return and you end up not getting your money back.

In these circumstances, you may have to seek to pursue them for compensation for the refund amount , or potentially for the extra costs incurred in arranging a separate return yourself and paying for that service.

If a party wishes to pursue another for financial compensation arising out of a dispute between them, they can potentially do so by making a court claim. However, as legal action should only be used as a last resort, there are certain steps that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without the need to involve the courts. It is therefore recommended that the following steps are taken in order to try and resolve this:

1. Reminder letter – if no informal reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the other party to voluntarily settle this matter.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but have been ignored, the other party must be sent a formal ‘letter before action’ asking them to resolve this amicably within a specified period of time – 14 days is reasonable. They should be advised that if they fail to make contact to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to pursue them for compensation. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this without the need for legal action. There are numerous templates available online for such letters and a simple search will bring up a list of useful results.

3. If the letter before action is also ignored, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to There will be a fee payable, which depends on the amount that is claimed. The other side will eventually get a copy of the claim and they will have a limited time to answer it. They could accept it and pay what is owed, they could accept it only in part and defend the rest, or they could outright reject it. They could also completely ignore it, in which case judgment will eventually be entered automatically against them. Also, it is worth noting that the simple act of submitting a claim could show the other side that this is being taken seriously and prompt them to consider negotiating a potential solution to stop the claim progressing further, such as offering full or partial payment of the amount sought in the claim.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I don’t want any calls I can’t afford this I asked the solicitor to cancel now Iyou have taken money off me I said cancell my bank details

Hello, I am just an independent user on this site, in the same way as you are, which means that unfortunately I have no involvement in the billing side of things. If you need to query anything to do with billing, charges or membership, please contact the site’s customer service team directly. You can find their contact details by following this link:

Hopefully, they will resolve any issues you have to your satisfaction.