How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2086
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

I made a claim for a debt through a debt collection agency,

This answer was rated:

I made a claim for a debt through a debt collection agency, I can't get in touch with them, perhaps they have gone bankrupt. They applied to Small Claim Court. I don't have any reference number, so how can get in touch with the court to know about my claim. Thanks a lot. My name is*****: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Heath and Reach. post code LU7 0BJ
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i had given all the information to the agency. Actually i got 3 payments and after that the payments were stopped, then the agency applied to the court. i paid £60 court.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know how to find my claim in the court so i can pursue.


Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

If you can remember the name of the court the judgment was obtained please ring them and give them all the information you have such as the parties names.

Alternatively if you do not have the details please try the number below which is the county court business centre and provide as much info as you can and they may be able to assit.

The contact number is *****

That said i think this is one you will need the claim number and this may be on any court documents you have received or any correspondence you have received or sent to the debt collectors.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

Thanks and stay safe.

Anthony Chendo and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I don,t know the name agency was doing it.


Please provide your landline number so i can contact you.


Customer: replied 6 days ago.
m land line no. 01525 237962

DRPCS, Suite 27380, PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US