Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Entered into an iva which ended two years ago, now barclays

Entered into an iva which ended two years ago, now barclays bank have told me they owe me money from ppi. They are sending the cheque to the iva provider. How much are they entitled to retain after so much time has elspsed after the iva has ended? Thank you
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Rickmansworth, hertfordshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, just received the banks letter yesterday and just finding my feet before going through the motions
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats all, thank you

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

I assume the Barclays debt was in the IVA? If so, then they can offset sums. In any event if the debts incurred during the period were included in the IvA then its classed as a windfall

As a windfall then they are entitled to send it to the IVA people.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Just one quick question, are they entitled to keep the full amount.
Original amount to barclays was 5000, the amount oqed by barclays is 5000? Bear in mind on a 10000 debt i paid 13000 to iva?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok, no need to call

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.