Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

It is about UK citizenship, It is a particular question for

It is about UK citizenship
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: It is a particular question for Citizenship application for children. My kids were granted ILR
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have 5 years residency in UK and ILR 12 months. My children were given ILR 2 months later than me. Should I wait till they have 12 months from ILR granted or I can apply because I already meet the criteria for citizenship and include them in application?

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Hi there,

Applicants have to wait for 12 months after getting the ILR , for applying for British citizenship, so your kids can not apply with you as they have not met the later condition.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you. But they cannot apply for themselves. And they were given ILR on different dates, so I have to wait till the date of ILR granted will 12 months since for all of us. Is it correct. My wife was given ILR even later (8 months). Can I apply for me and kids without her and she will do it later?

Yes, you can apply with your kids , once all of you have stayed for 12 months after getting your ILR.

Your wife can apply for citizenship later on,

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
34;Children in this category will be considered at the Home Secretary’s discretion and will usually be registered only if both the parents are granted or already hold British citizenship, or if one parent holds British citizenship and the other is settled in the UK." this is a citation from guidelines. But in the sentence they say "granted or alerady hold" but after one parents it says "holds" only and not granted. Does it mean the same like in case of 2 parents?

In the first instances, where both parents are applying or already hold

In second instance, if one parent is British and other is settled in the UK,

Please note in both these cases, it is the discretion of the Home secretary .