12826847

I received an Iceland delivery from Iceland at the end of

I received an Iceland delivery from Iceland at the end of May and have been trying to ask for a response as the delivery was poor foods and an ice cream tub had no lid on it. We were in lockdown and I am a vulnerable person so was really worried. Iceland eventually offered me a 10 pounds discount on a shop of over 50. I don't shop there anymore and was shocked by the attitude given the scary time we are in. I wrote back and they have now sent me a letter of deadlock as they are not prepared to do anymore.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I called on the day. No lines were open and I was told to fill a form on the website. I have done this continuely since then with no reply. I also sent separate emails and resorted to post.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

are you asking if you have a claim?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

What specifically was wrong with the food?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The bread was hard, the casserole veg was swimming in mush, the bananas were past eating. The thing I was particularly upset about was the open ice cream.
The mushrooms were also covered in slime.

Thanksfor the information

You do have a claim for the actual value of thegoods as they clearly do not comply with consumer rights act requirements.

I don't know whether that exceeds the 10 poundvoucher that they have offered? If it does then you should probably ask forthat sum of money.

If you are seeking to claim more than the valueof the goods that were not adequate then I'm afraid you do not have a claim in lawthough.

Compensation is only the sum of the loss in theUK. In this instance the loss is thedamaged goods

a voucher isn't really adequate though becausethey should give you a complete refund .

I don't know whether it is a sum of money worthsuing over though as it would cost you a certain amount up Sue but they wouldprobably settle if you did

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”