12826847

My son received a NIP dated 18/3/20 for a speeding offence

My son received a NIP dated 18/3/20 for a speeding offence on 9/3/20. He returned the completed form on 6/4/20, within the 28 day timescale. He has heard nothing since. Can any further action be taken by the police with regard to this given that it is now over 7 months since the date of the offence?
JA: Where is your son? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
JA: What steps has your son taken so far?
Customer: Completed and returned the NIP, nothing further as he has been waiting for fixed penalty notice
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no nothing

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Jo, your advice would be appreciated
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Chat is fine thank you

Thanksfor the information

The short answer is that he can't be sure yet.

They have to lay in information within sixmonths of the offence. On my calculations that would have been the 8thSeptember.

In all honesty, he probably can be confidentthat they have forgotten but it is possible that they laid an information intime and the summons has just not reached him yet . It is not likely but it ispossible

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
That answers my question, thanks Jo.

No problem.

All the best.

Remember that I am always available tohelp with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usuallypick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start yourquestion with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”