Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I Have prepared a section 21 notice letter for tenants but I

I Have prepared a section 21 notice letter for tenants but I must give them six month's notice and I am advised that the section 21 notice letter is only valid for six months (I am presuming these are exact durations)... So, as the tenancy start date was 3rd Jan 2018, I have dated the notice 3rd Nov 2020 (presuming it must also be served on that exact day) giving them exactly six months until 2nd May to vacate the premises... so would be very grateful to receive confirmation that my notice and dates are all correct based upon the information/dates I have given you. I thank you sir.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Hi there,

You need to give 6 months notice to the tenants, your notice dates are absolutely fine. If the tenants fail to move out at the expiry of the notice period, then you would have to initiate your court claim within the 6 months of the expiry of the notice period.