How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2407
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

My neighbours have build a 2 story extension at the side of

This answer was rated:

My neighbours have build a 2 story extension at the side of my property, they have breached the planning permission by not leaving the 50 meter distance and now their roof is hanging over my roof, which means they cannot put guttering onto their newly build roof, i have contacted the council to report this.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have reported this to the council, who came out to visit them. The neighbours has said they will be putting in another planning application Veriaction of condition
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: in Thornton Heath CR7 8DZ
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My neighbours are criminal lawers and i feel as though they are bullying. The have also stated that they build it that size because my house is over the boundary I have lived in my house for 20 years and have done nothing to it. They have lived ther 15 Years

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

I am sorry to hear of the issue caused by you neighbour.

You have already started the correct course of action by contacting the council.

If the neighbour has breach planning permission, then they do have the option of applying for retrospective permission. This you can of course object to. That would go to a hearing and the council would then decide whether to grant that permission, or order the extension be remove.

The fact that the neighbours are solicitors would have nothing to do with the case.

You could seek independent legal advice to represent you with a formal complain of nuisance etc. I would suggest a property law firm to represent you.

It may be helpful to instruct a local solicitor who specialises in this area of law. You can find a local firm using the Law Society website.

Once on that website, you can click on the find a solicitor option located just above the Law Society logo. Select quick search, then select the area of law required and enter your post code. A list of local firms will then be displayed.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
If the planning did not go in their favour do they then have a right to go to Secretary of State planning inspectors
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I cannot afford £44 can we continue with the text

The process would be slow, because, yes, if it went against them they could lodge an Appeal.

The whole matter could take a very long time to resolve I am sorry to say. It would be impossible to give a time frame.

james bruce and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you