james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I've just been asked again by the police to return to the

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I've just been asked again by the police to return to the police station and provide intimate and non intimate dna samples again after I already by my own acord provided them a month ago in relation to a rape allegation. Why do they want me to do it again after all this time?
JA: Have rape charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: I have been released under investigation and I haven't been charged
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: Town?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No please connect me

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

It is possible that the samples got damaged and they now require them again, or the samples that they took, for some reason were unusable.

It would be quicker to just agree and pop back to the station to have them retaken.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for your answer they have told my solicitor that this is standard procedure but after gathering some information online I've decided to use your site to get a straight answer

It is not standard procedure.You have already provided the samples and they should provide you with a reason for requiring them again, although they are allowed to take them again.

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.